Our client is passionate about enabling people to get the very most out of their retirement and supporting independent living.
About the role
We are looking for Support Workers/ Caregivers to join our busy team in providing first class care and services to residents within a retirement village environment / or Community Homecare. As a Support Worker you will be assisting them to lead an independent and fulfilling life.
This position involves: –
• Personal care, including showering, dressing and grooming
• Basic house cleaning duties and possible meal preparation.
We require Support Workers/Care Givers/ Healthcare Assistants who are available for shifts throughout the week and weekends, including day &/or evenings.
Skills and experience required: –
You will have previous experience as a Caregiver/ Support Worker for the elderly and ideally have an Aged Care qualification but can be taught while you work. A “can do” attitude, caring nature and diligent approach will ensure that the job is done to the highest standards.
Working closely with a Registered Nurse and Coordinators you will be assigned duties and assist with everyday tasks. You will appreciate how important it is to deliver an outstanding service to the residents, including demonstrating empathy for the older person; excellent written and spoken English with the ability to communicate in a clear, considerate fashion with staff, residents and family.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Prior experience working as a Support Worker/ Care Giver with the elderly or have the passion and empathy to want to learn how to provide exceptional care.
- Absolute honesty, reliability and integrity
- Good spoken English
- Legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- Understand and keep personal boundaries
Our client is able to offer you:-
- On the job mentoring and coaching
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing NZQA Level 2 and Level 3 training offered (if not already completed)
- Flexibility and variety of work
- A supportive team environment
- Excellent pay rates
- Sick leave, Holiday pay, and kiwi saver (optional)
- Free uniform
If you are passionate about looking after the elderly and want to contribute to the overall success in providing our clients a great place to live, then apply now!
To apply online please submit your resume by clicking the APPLY button
or forward your details to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Michele for further information on 07 92-94418
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Check