Support Workers required for weekend work!!
About the role
We are looking for Support Workers/ Caregivers to join our busy team in providing first class care and services to residents within their own homes or in a retirement village environment. As a Support Worker you will be assisting them to lead an independent and fulfilling life. This is a great position for mums and students as it is solely weekend work!
We are looking for people in the Tauranga and Te Puke area who are available every weekend.
This position involves:
- Personal care, including showering, dressing and grooming, and incontinence support.
- Basic house cleaning duties and possible meal preparation
- Hours available between 6:30am-9:30pm.
We require Support Workers/Care Givers/ Healthcare Assistants who are available for shifts on weekends, including day & evenings with potential finish as late as 9:30pm. Guaranteed hours of 10 a fortnight are offered, but you will certainly build it up more over time!
You will ideally have previous experience as a Caregiver/ Support Worker for the elderly and ideally have an Aged Care qualification. A “can do” attitude, caring nature and diligent approach will ensure that the job is done to the highest standards.
- A Certificate in Aged Care/Disability or prior experience working as a Support Worker/ Care Giver within an aged care facility.
- Absolute honesty, reliability and integrity
- Great spoken English
- Legal entitlement to work in New Zealand with at least 6 months left on current visa.
- Ability to work every weekend.
Our client is able to offer you:
• On the job mentoring and coaching
• Comprehensive induction and ongoing NZQA Level 2 and Level 3 training offered (if not already completed)
• A supportive team environment
• Sick leave, Holiday pay, and kiwi saver contributions (optional)
• Free uniform
- Starting rate is $20 an hour (more if you have NZQA certificates!) plus travel payment of $4.08 for travel between clients!
If you are passionate about looking after the elderly and want to contribute to the overall success in providing our residents a great place to live, then apply now!
To apply online please submit your resume by clicking the APPLY button
Or call Michele Lynn for further information on 07 9294418
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Check